Sole Founder & Editor-in-Chief of The Melanin Voyage. Devoted to…
AirAsia has launched an exciting product for members and those living in Kuala Lumpur that is available for purchase until March 7 and travel through March 2, 2021.
The airline is selling an AIRASIA UNLIMITED pass for merely 499 MYR ($119 USD) that allows unlimited travel for a year on most long/medium-haul destinations from Kuala Lumpur.
You can access this offer on AirAsia’s website here.
Note that the following routes are excluded:
- Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar (Bali)
- Kuala Lumpur – Singapore
- Kuala Lumpur – Jeddah
Member must make the booking at minimum 14 days before the scheduled departure. Member can have up to 3 no-shows, after which the pass is forfeited.
The pass is valid on AirAsia X and AirAsia X Thailand flights for travel between Kuala Lumpur and Australia, India, China, Korea, and Japan.
Here’s a search I made for Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo:
The fees are rather reasonable. They do, however, get you on the packages if you need to check in a bag or want to F&B.
It is unclear what is the booking class of this AirAsia Unlimited Pass is. The fees for the city pair that I checked are reasonable (no fake fuel/carrier surcharges).
If this pass has reasonable availability and someone would like to visit any of the select eligible destinations more than once, buying IT could make a sense.
- What is AirAsia Unlimited Pass?AirAsia Unlimited Pass allows you to redeem unlimited point-to-point long haul AirAsia X flights*.
*flights over 4 hours and only with the carrier code D7 (AirAsia X) and XJ (Thai AirAsia X), excluding flights to Singapore, Denpasar (Bali), and Jeddah. Pass is a bundle that guests can purchase which allows them to redeem unlimited long haul AirAsia flights until 14 February 2021.
- What is a point-to-point flight? A point-to-point flight is a direct flight without any connecting flight (Fly-Thru).
- When can I purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass? You can purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass from 29 February 2020, 12:01 PM (GMT+8) to 7 March 2020, 11:59 PM (GMT+8).
- When should I make a flight booking using AirAsia Unlimited Pass? Once you purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass, you can use the promo code to book flights on AirAsia.com or the AirAsia App. Your booking must be made at least 14 days before the departure date and the last available booking date will be 16 Feb 2021.
- When is the travel period? You can select flights till 2 March 2021.
- Are AirAsia Unlimited Pass promo codes applicable to all routes? The promo code is applicable to long haul flights* with carrier code D7 (AirAsia X) & XJ (Thai AirAsia X) only.
*Excluding flights to Bali, Singapore, Jeddah, and Fly-thru routes.
*Embargo period applies. AirAsia flight redemptions are limited and may not be available on all flights during public holidays, school breaks and weekends.
- Are there any fees and charges that I will need to bear for flight redemptions made using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass? Flight redemptions using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass are only valid for the base fare and do not include optional add-ons, airport charges, taxes, and regulatory fees, or other charges, if any, which shall be payable by the passenger at the time of booking.
- How can I redeem a flight in AirAsia Unlimited Pass?
- Visit www.airasia.com/deals or the AirAsia App and click on the ‘Deals’ tab
- Must log in with your BIG Member account
- Click on ‘My Purchases’ and the AirAsia Unlimited Pass
- Click on ‘APPLY NOW’ to apply your unique promo code, and then land on the flight search widget on airasia.com
- Search for flights
- Choose flights marked ‘100% off’ which is applicable under this pass
- Make payment to complete your booking
- Enjoy your deal!
- What if my BIG Member does not match my travel documents/passport? You will need to modify your given name and surname at https://www.airasia.com/member/myaccount#profile before you make any booking or redemption. Upon the first redemption, you will not be allowed to change your name.
- Can I book flights for other passengers using my AirAsia Unlimited Pass?AirAsia Unlimited Pass is tied to your individual BIG Membership. You can only book for yourself and cannot select multiple passengers when making a booking using the AirAsia Unlimited Pass promo codes.
- Can I book multiple flights on the same day? Yes, you can book up to two (2) flights for travel on the same day. However, multiple bookings for the same travel day from the same origin of departure are not allowed.
- What happens if I missed my flight? You are allowed a total of 3 no-shows. Once you’ve exceeded this amount, AirAsia reserves the right to cancel/forfeit your AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Can I buy AirAsia Unlimited Pass as a gift? No, the Buy As A Gift option is not applicable to AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Can anyone purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass?AirAsia Unlimited Pass is available for all BIG Members within Malaysia. Passengers must be 12 years and above on the day of departure to travel.
- Can I earn & redeem BIG Points when I purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass? No, you can’t earn & redeem BIG Points when you purchase AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
- Is my purchase of AirAsia Unlimited Pass transferable and refundable? No, the purchase of AirAsia Unlimited Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Join the Voyage Nation Travel Community!
Voyage Nation is a Facebook community that curates group trips catering to black millennials and beyond, and we are visiting Athens & Santorini, Greece in February 2022! Want to know when the trip is available to book and other trips? Join our community here.0
What's Your Reaction?
Sole Founder & Editor-in-Chief of The Melanin Voyage. Devoted to bringing #TravelTransparency to the masses. A professional blogger that provides support to aspiring professional bloggers. She loves brunch, travel, and art. A certified brunch expert. Knowledgeable about pretty much anything travel & lifestyle. Catch her at your local airport. Follow her travel adventures on Instagram @PreKnechiaJaNae.